Do you ever find yourself wondering what to do this weekend that won’t break the budget?
Weekends can easily get sucked into doing chores or feeling the need to spend a good bit of money in order to have fun. This can be a big problem for us too.
It can be hard to remember that there are plenty of inexpensive and fun things to do with your time off. So, in our house, we keep a list of things we enjoy doing that are either free or about $10. If you haven’t already, making a list of ideas can be helpful for those days when you’re not sure what to do.
Here are some ideas from our list, plus a few. Enjoy!
- Go on a picnic with food you already have.
- Use those bikes sitting in your garage and take a bike ride.
- Head to the library and pick out a movie the old fashioned way. Everyone can argue over what to watch and then you can pop some popcorn when you get home.
- Do cocktails and board games.
- Bake a cake from scratch.
- Head to your local farmers market & browse.
- Go to the mall and get pretzels.
- Head to your favorite park with snacks and a cooler full of lemonade.
- Make nachos in your oven & do an enormous puzzle.
- Head to your local museum on a free day and be artsier than normal for an afternoon.
- Go to a lake, ocean, river, or any body of water near you and watch the sunrise or sunset.
- Google the best hikes within a 30-minute drive. Pick one, pack snacks, and head out!
- Bake cupcakes and then have a decorating contest.
- Find an image on Pinterest and do your best with watercolor paints.
- Make homemade pizza.
- Make a choreographed dance to your favorite song, just like you did in middle school. And yes, we have done this.
- You know that yearly pass you bought for a local attraction that you never use? Go to that place.
- Serve a meal at your local homeless shelter.
- Take a scenic drive and jam to your favorite playlist.
- Go to a public pool for the afternoon.
- Grab a blanket and go star-gazing.
- Pick your favorite lawn game that you already own and have a tournament.
- Invite good friends over and have a bonfire.
There you have it! 23 inexpensive and fun things you can do this weekend. The best part is that this list only scratches the surface. We are always looking for more ideas, so what would you add? Let me know below and happy weekending!